The Nespresso story began with a simple idea: enable anyone to create the perfect cup of espresso coffee – just like a skilled barista. From its beginning in 1986, Nespresso has redefined and revolutionised the way millions of people enjoy their espresso coffee. It has shaped the global coffee culture.
Our singular focus is on delivering highest quality coffees and ultimate coffee experiences to our consumers cup after cup. We compete in both the business-to-consumer and business-to-business segments, allowing consumers to enjoy our highest quality coffees at home and to recreate these perfect coffee moments wherever they may be.
The entire Nespresso system – the interaction of the original Nespresso aluminium capsule with the genuine Nespresso machine – is designed to ensure the consistent quality that has made Nespresso the reference in the portioned coffee sector and one of the fastest growing global food and beverage brands.
Our Unique Business Model allows us to guarantee quality at every stage of the sourcing, production and sale of our coffees, and to maintain a direct relationship with our consumers.
It´s unique Business Model has reported to Nespresso a sucessful strategy that all evidences are show in its figures:
- Founded in 1986
- Autonomous globally managed business of the Nestlé Group
- Present in more than 50 countries
- More than 7,000 employees worldwide, compared to 331 in 2000
- Over 70% of employees in the markets in direct contact with consumers
- 50% of our new Club Members experience Nespresso for the first time through friends and family.
- More than 1.5 million Facebook fans
- 180,000 unique customers visit our online boutique every day.
- George Clooney, our brand ambassador since 2005, was chosen by Nespresso Club Members.
- Only 1-2% of the world’s green coffee crop meets the Nespresso specific taste, aroma profiles and quality standards.
- 16 Grands Crus for in-home enjoyment
- 8 Grands Crus for out-of-home enjoyment
- 2 limited editions Grand Cru coffees per year (spring, autumn)
- 2 production centres based in Switzerland (Avenches and Orbe)
- More than 9,000 used capsules collection points around the world
- In 2011, over 60% of our coffee was sourced through the Nespresso AAA Sustainable Quality Program.
- In 2010, Nespresso launched its first Limited Edition coffee sourced exclusively from the Nespresso AAA Sustainable Quality Program.
- In-house R&D
- A range of smart and stylish machines with 28 models
- Machines developed with and produced by 6 machine partners
- Nespresso holds a global market share of over 21% in the segment of espresso & filter portioned coffee machines (source: GFK based on survey of 10 main European countries).
- Recognised with successive design awards, including 8 prestigious Red Dot Design Awards and 2 iF Product Design Awards
- 270 boutiques worldwide at the end of 2011, versus 1 boutique in 2000
- More than 1,200 coffee specialists in our Customer Relationship Centres maintain regular dialogue with Nespresso Club Members.